The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5 Wish List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
47) Smart Folders— I would love to see smart folders implemented like in the mail.app or itunes. I can't remember if anyone has put tags in this list, but you could create fake tags by putting &agenda, &fred in the item description and then search for that.

48). I would like the perspective that I am currently in to turn off when I click on an item in the left hand pane automatically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsbreath View Post
48). I would like the perspective that I am currently in to turn off when I click on an item in the left hand pane automatically
Wouldn't that prevent you from viewing different combinations of items when a Perspective is active? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Quick View support in Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageboy View Post
Quick View support in Leopard.
You mean Quick Look support of the OmniFocus database file? Does anybody work with a significant number of database files that this would be useful? I use only one database, so this doesn't seem to be of much value to me.

Or do you mean Quick Look support of linked files? OmniFocus already supports that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Wouldn't that prevent you from viewing different combinations of items when a Perspective is active? Or am I misunderstanding you?
If I am clicking outside of the perspective it is usually because I have finished in that perspective. I tend to scroll up and down the list and look at the whole perspective when I am in a perspective, but perhaps other are using it differently.

What I have done in the absence of a button to clear perspective is just created a perspective that lloks at the library in planning view and put a button for it on the toolbar.

Andy

49). Remove the need to print out the project name especially in a Single Action List where the project name is the same

50). Columnar printing of Actions

51). Ability to force font size when printing out especially to 5x3 cards, which I struggle to read in 5x3 portrait, but which come out nicely in 5x3 landscape, but take up too many cards on a long list.

If request 49 were acted upon this might improve the portrait printing situation.

Quote:
If I am clicking outside of the perspective it is usually because I have finished in that perspective. I tend to scroll up and down the list and look at the whole perspective when I am in a perspective, but perhaps other are using it differently.
What do you mean by "clicking outside of the perspective"? Clicking in the sidebar of the perspective's window? If so, I certainly wouldn't want a click in the sidebar to clear the perspective! That defeats a large part of the "focus" aspect in OmniFocus! That ability to narrow down your view by eliminating irrelevant items (e.g. by selecting specific items in the sidebar) is central to the software's design. Why on earth would you want to eliminate that? And if you aren't using that feature, you're really missing out!

Quote:
What I have done in the absence of a button to clear perspective is just created a perspective that lloks at the library in planning view and put a button for it on the toolbar.
That's certainly a valid solution - nothing wrong with that. You could also select the Perspectives->Revert to Default View menu option.

Or just set your Perspectives to always open in a new window. That way your main window always stays in your original state.

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-02-20 at 07:29 AM..

Quote:
49). Remove the need to print out the project name especially in a Single Action List where the project name is the same
If I understand, you are suggesting making the Project column optional in Context Mode?

I agree, that would be a nice addition. I'd like to be able to turn it off for some of my tiny perspective windows where it's really not important. It seems like it should be toggle-able from the list of options under View->Columns.

Toadling

Yes, clicking in the sidebar of the perspective's window, perhaps on another context outside of the perspective.

Bear in mind what I said earlier. [I select a perspective and] scroll up an down in the perspective. I do what tasks I can in that perspective, but sometimes I want to look at another perspective or context easily which may relate to a location that I will be at later.