The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Build 93002 requires cleanup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can easily live with the current behaviour.

I like the current behaviour.

What they said.

cmd. k works fine— I'd rather have you focus on other things.

There are enough times when I want the completed actions to stick around, and enough when I want them to go away immediately that command-K works fine.

Perhaps, though, you can add a little flourish when pressing command-K to animate the items going away? Hmm?

Another thought on Clean-Up: I would be nice if it just cleaned up the current view. In build 93621 and prior, doing a clean-up in Context View also "files" Inbox items that have a project and context set. It's weird to have the Inbox change when I'm not even looking at it.

Curt

Except for the appearance of repeating actions (see the discussion about sequential repeating actions) I'm in favor of things not disappearing under foot. I would not mind a slow fade to very light gray (or outlined text) to remind me that something in view doesn't belong and any movement out of the current view should bring everything up to date (what curt. said).

I agree with pjb. I'm fine seeing the completed item crossed out. I'm not fine seeing the next repeat pop in -- it's depressing. ("I just DID that!")

Coming to the vote a little late, and obviously in the minority, but I would still like to see a preference available for different needs on this one. Personally I really do need the program to make Completed Actions disappear right away; otherwise I have to hit Cntrl-K every time I complete an action. That's doubling my keystrokes in using the program in the context of working through a daily list of actions, not something I'm happy about. The other major programs I have used in the past--iGTD and Bonsai--allowed instant disappearing of items when they were checked off.

Actually, my real problem is this: I use the mouse to check off the action, and then have to switch to the keyboard to Cntrl-K to clean up.

Is there a way to check off an Action with the keyboard?