The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

anyone for a None task filter? a Show All Notes option? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I had a None task filter, I could make a list of projects easily in the main window. This would be handy to me for review.

The reason why this would be better than the list that already appears in the left pane is this: in the main pane I can show notes attached to projects.

I have started to write a sentence about the objective of my projects in the notes section, like:

Company hats
: I designed, ordered, and delivered 120 hats with the corp. logo to John.

It would be nice to be able to produce a list like this, and having a None tasks filter would be one rather elegant way to do it.

Along those same lines, is there (or could there be) a shortcut for showing all notes attached to items in the main pane, so I don't have to click each individual paper clip to open them up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
If I had a None task filter, I could make a list of projects easily in the main window. This would be handy to me for review.... Along those same lines, is there (or could there be) a shortcut for showing all notes attached to items in the main pane, so I don't have to click each individual paper clip to open them up?
You can do both of these right now.

To show a list of projects in the main window without tasks, make sure you're showing all projects (nothing is selected on the sidebar to the left), and that there is no grouping by folder, next review, etc. Then use the command View > Collapse All (or control-command-0). The tasks will be collapsed under the project name. You can expand specific projects during your review by clicking on the triangle to the left of the project name.

To show all notes, use the Edit > Select All command, then Edit > Edit Note command (or the keyboard shortcuts). This will expand all note fields for items that are shown, but not for items that are collapsed.

Beautiful! Thanks so much for the tips!