The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Addressbook Extra Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There used to be an addressbook extra by OmniGroupt that would go through and make a family tree from a selected person in the addressbook.

I had it, have it, but it doesn't work anymore.

Could someone update it to work with the newer version of OminGraffle (and Pro) as well as addressbook?

BZ

Looks like there is a bug with the "adjusts pages" property on the layout info. If you open the script in Script Editor and remove the "set adjusts pages to true" line in the Family Tree and Org Chart scripts, then it will work fine. If it results in a big diagram you'll have to manually hit the "Auto-adjust the canvas size" checkbox in the Canvas Size inspector.

I've filed a bug on it...

That is a start.

Now it just piles all of the people on top of each other.

Also, I noticed it doesn't love the images, doesn't resize for the box.

BZ

This is a slightly different approach to the problem - a perl script that scans an LDAP directory for manager relationships between entries, and writes a graffle file out containing those connections.

It seems to have picked up a minor glitch with OG 4 - it calls OG to lay out the entries automatically, and for some reason that bit of Applescript doesn't work any more. But clicking the "lay out now" button in OG still works...
Attached Files
File Type: zip OrgCharts.dmg.zip (27.9 KB, 752 views)