The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Smart copy-and-paste between omnioutliner and omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I'm an omnifocus and recent omnioutliner user.
I've found these hacks to copy OF items to OO, but Curt wrote that they are "Superceded by smart copy-and-paste between OmniFocus and OmniOutliner."

I can't find a smart way to copy OF to OO (while I found the reverse, OO to OF): is there an integrated functionality to do this?
All I can obtain when I paste from OF in OO is a series of links to OF items (if I simply "past") or a list with all items at the same level (if I use "Paste With current style").

Thank you for your help

Bye,
Francesco

I'm looking for similar information about simply trying to either copy and paste a task over from OmniFocus to OmniOutliner or drag and drop it and have the notes retained.

Unfortunately the file that was linked above appears to no longer be available, and there was a similar thread with a link to a script as well, but it is also no longer available. It appears that quite a bit of time has passed since either this or the aforementioned thread has seen activity, so I'm hoping perhaps there's a nice surprise waiting out there to be found.

Thanks and Happy 1st Christmas of the new world :)