The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Use PC to type tasks and sync with OmniFocus on Iphone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I really want start using OmniFocus on my computer, iPhone and iPad, omni-folks, but! But I am forced use PC with Windows 7 on it. If there was web version, I'd be the happiest man in the whole world! I prefer Chrome (stable branch) on Windows 7.

Thanks a lot.

This would absolutely make my life. I too am stuck on a PC at work and have tried and failed to ever find any web-based task manager that compares. If there was a web frontend for OmniFocus I would be ever so happy to pay whatever for it.

note: I am aware of Spootnik, which is great, but far, far from full-featured...

I'd really like for there to be a web-app or windows app as well.

The iPhone app works great, but sometimes its just easier to process and capture large amounts of tasks and projects using a mouse and keyboard.

I'd be happy to pay for the web/windows app if it was as fully featured as the other apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrctyjoe View Post
Here is another vote for a web client - I love omnifocus, but in the office it is all Microsoft and IE - it is very disruptive to my workflow to type in long todo's or email them to my iphone and cut/paste them into the app on my phone. We really need a webclient - Windows and IE would be ideal, Windows with Safari would be the next best option.
As a workaround for right now, you can log in to iCloud.com and enter things into Reminders there. If you have OmniFocus for iPhone set up to capture your Siri/iCloud reminders, it will pull in whatever you've typed there. You can even enter a due time and notes (click the reminder's "Details" in iCloud) and they'll carry through. Once you sync your phone, it will show up in the Inbox and you'll just have to assign a context and project.

Obviously not as nice as a real web interface, but I find it a little easier than using email.

Last edited by avandelay; 2012-09-28 at 12:53 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by avandelay View Post
As a workaround for right now, you can log in to iCloud.com and enter things into Reminders there. If you have OmniFocus for iPhone set up to capture your Siri/iCloud reminders, it will pull in whatever you've typed there. You can even enter a due time and notes (click the reminder's "Details" in iCloud) and they'll carry through. Once you sync your phone, it will show up in the Inbox and you'll just have to assign a context and project.

Obviously not as nice as a real web interface, but I find it a little easier than using email.
Would it work (again, as a workaround only) to write tasks in a new email on the pc and send it to "send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com" ?

This assumes that you have the same email account also setup on the iPhone.

Thoughts?

-h2o2wine

Hi Brian,

Please add me to the list as well. Even with the slick iPhone & iPad interface and SIRI/Reminder Capture, serious planning is much easier with a keyboard and mouse.

Chrome or IE on Windows 7

Just popped back to see if there had been any movement on a web interface and sadly it appears not. I stopped using OmniFocus some time ago because I had no easy way to key in all my tasks at (PC) work environment. Just too much inputting it all on the iPad, despite that app being rather good. :(