The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Changing Dates In Title Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I wish I had a better way to describe this. Here is the scenario:

I am a pastor at a church. Each week I have a set of tasks I need to complete for a given Sunday. Each Monday I would like a new project to appear that has the date of the Sunday 13 days later.

For example: I currently have a project called: "3/6 Worship Production" with a series of tasks that has to be completed. This coming Monday, I would like a new project to be made called "3/13 Worship Production" with the same basic tasks as the previous "3/6" project.

I have "3/6 Worship..." set to recur, but it will have the wrong date in the title when it does.

This is such a specific thing to request. I doubt it is available or even worth considering. It would be a very cool power feature to have hidden, though.

Is this a completely ridiculous feature request?

Right now I just plan to rename it when it recurs.

What I recommend is to download Curt Clifton's Populate Template Placeholders script and make a template project containing your usual tasks with placeholders for the date. Set up a start and due date on the template project. Now you can select the template project and run the script to make a new copy of the project with the dates all filled in for you, and which will be invisible until the start date for the project has arrived. It's your call as to whether or not you make the project(s) as you need them or set up a few months' worth at a time—either way, you can put a repeating action in OmniFocus to remind you to do it.

There's a nice write-up by MacSparky on the whole process at http://www.macsparky.com/blog/2011/1...plescript.html. Of course, if that doesn't answer all of your questions, ask away here...