The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcut for clipping? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Would keyboard shortcuts for the clipping service be possible? Shortcuts would dramatically increase the usability of this feature.

It looks like you can assign a keyboard shortcut by going to OF preferences-- clippings.

can you post what key combinations you successfully used for Mail , Safari , NetNewsWire and "other Apps"? i didn't manage to make it work

I also tried to make a keyboard shortcut but it doesn't seem to work. Mine is alt+shift+o.

Hmmm.... turns out you have to select text for the clippings to activate. Posted the above too hastily. My bad.

When I was trying to create keyboard short-cuts I too couldn't make the majority of them work. However, after some trial and error, I did find a few.

The one I use now is apple/control/Z.

Although, intellectually speaking, I don't really like this since it has nothing to do with the "undo" function normally assigned to apple-z, physically speaking, I love it since it is close to the bottom of the keyboard and my middle finger falls directly on the "z" button when my index is on the apple and my pinky is on the control.

This makes it quick and easy like the default Quicksilver shortcut and I have been using it liberally!