The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPhone use questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the iPhone App is there way to hide projects where the start date has not occurred. I have that setting set in the settings section but the project still shows up. The project has the correct icon next to it but I would rather it not be there at all until the start date triggers.

If you've got Projects view set to show "Available"projects, then this does sound like a bug.

It would be helpful if you could send screenshots of the relevant screens on your phone (the view where you're seeing them, and the details page for the relevant project) to the support ninjas.

How to take a screenshot on the iPhone:
While holding down the Home button, briefly press the Power button on the top of the device.

Your screen will flash white - this means that the screenshot was added to your photo roll. You can now use the camera application to email it to OmniFocus-iPhone@omnigroup.com and we'll see if we can determine what's going on here.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-07-10 at 01:27 PM..

Email has been sent. Does bring up the question of how are you guys going to supply updates out side of the app store? Or will there be a way that Apple will provide for updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
If you've got the relevant view (Project and Context view have separate controls) set to show "Available" actions and projects, then this sounds like a bug.

It would be helpful if you could send screenshots of the relevant screens on your phone (the view where you're seeing them, and the details page for the relevant project) to the support ninjas.

How to take a screenshot on the iPhone:
While holding down the Home button, briefly press the Power button on the top of the device.

Your screen will flash white - this means that the screenshot was added to your photo roll. You can now use the camera application to email it to OmniFocus-iPhone@omnigroup.com and we'll see if we can determine what's going on here.
Are there known issues surrounding the filtering of views? On my iPhone, there seems to be no effect when I change Context view to "available", for example. None of the filters seem to work. When I have it set on "available" or "next" in Context view, I should never see a context with "None available" shown, I assume?

If this is not a known bug, or you really need more screenshots, I'm happy to send them in. It's a deal-breaker for the iPhone app, I'm afraid. With all my many contexts, it's pretty useless to have to scroll through all of them hunting for tasks.

Hope the polish continues, though. the sync'ing is a Godsend!!! Really looking forward to an awesome improved workflow. Contrary to some others, I'm more than happy to pay for all the work you've put into this, and will continue to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrump View Post
Email has been sent. Does bring up the question of how are you guys going to supply updates out side of the app store? Or will there be a way that Apple will provide for updates?
It appears there's an "updates" tab in the iPhone AppStore app. Hopefully, updates will "magically" appear there as developers post new versions. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few days to get this ironed out. But I've had 3 or 4 apps crash so far, so I'm sure devs will be clamoring for a smooth update process to keep customers happy.

As far as I know, updates will come via the App Store. All OmniFocus for iPhone 1 updates will be free. I have no idea how we'll handle OmniFocus for iPhone 2, so don't ask. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkoffel View Post
Are there known issues surrounding the filtering of views? On my iPhone, there seems to be no effect when I change Context view to "available", for example. None of the filters seem to work. When I have it set on "available" or "next" in Context view, I should never see a context with "None available" shown, I assume?
The contexts are there so you can potentially add new items to them - the filter settings you're referring to are active *inside* the context...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkoffel View Post
If this is not a known bug, or you really need more screenshots, I'm happy to send them in. It's a deal-breaker for the iPhone app, I'm afraid. With all my many contexts, it's pretty useless to have to scroll through all of them hunting for tasks.
Definitely send in screenshots so we can get an idea of the scale of the problem - if the interface doesn't work for your purposes, we'll want to take that into account as we work on the app, obviously.

Editing my previous post to remove the language that caused the confusion in the first place. Sorry!

Last edited by Brian; 2008-07-10 at 01:28 PM..

I would say especially on the smaller screen, having the ability to filter out projects is critical. What I have done is create folders for Active, non-active etc... That is an OK work around for now...

Out of interest - how are crash reports on an iPhone handled (in general, that is)? Do developers receive reports or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
Out of interest - how are crash reports on an iPhone handled (in general, that is)? Do developers receive reports or not?
We have asked Apple about this also, and not gotten a clear response yet. But if iTunes or your iPhone itself ever offers to send in a crash report for OmniFocus, please do so. If those crash reports ever get to us, they'll likely be quite helpful to us for improving OmniFocus.