The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find new paragraph Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm copying large amounts of text into a Research outline, and want to break each paragraph into a new item. So I scroll down to the beginning of each new paragraph and hit Control-Enter to break it into a new item.

Then I thought there might be a better way. Using QuicKeys I could write a macro that would look for any instance of two "carriage returns" (that would bring me to each new paragraph) and then I could have QuicKeys hit Control-Enter and make a new item break there. This would speed things up considerably.

But to make this work I need to know how to use OO's Find function to search for two "carriage returns". Is there a string I could use that represents the Enter key?

FYI, I was able to figure this out. I just highlighted the double carriage return, copied it to the clipboard, and then pasted that into the search field in OO's Find command. It found it.