The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

kGTD Archive Import? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I posted this in my mini review, but didn't get any OmniLove so I am breaking it out.

Are there plans on importing any of the Archive from my kGTD system? There are a lot of good things in there and I would love to see OmniFocus suck them up and apply the right project states (On Hold, Completed, etc).

Thoughts?

BZ

We're planning to import archived Kinkless projects soon (probably by the end of the day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
We're planning to import archived Kinkless projects soon (probably by the end of the day).
Awesome! You guys are great.

The import feature really works great!

I keep playing around and really enjoying it.

The only thing stopping me from moving over to it now is iCal support (Contexts = Calendars).

Any rough guess as to when that will be?

Also, are you going to do an early bird purchaser program? If so, I am in.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
The only thing stopping me from moving over to it now is iCal support (Contexts = Calendars).
The current (non-final, hacky) iCal export makes a new Calendar in iCal for each folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas
The current (non-final, hacky) iCal export makes a new Calendar in iCal for each folder.
For each folder or each Context like kGTD does?

BZ

I can live with either eventuality, but I think I would have preferred the kGTD way . . . per Context. However, how is that going to work with the proposed hierarchical context support? Guess that may be why Omni is talking about making it folder-based?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
Any word on whether this is done?

Also, in general, a kGTD import is just an overwrite of the current OF database, yes? There's no merging going on, I assume. If I want archived kGTD items, I should wait to start using OF for real until they are importable, in other words.

Thanks guys, awesome work, I'm *so* close to switching to OF full time here.

-Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkoffel
Any word on whether this is done?

Also, in general, a kGTD import is just an overwrite of the current OF database, yes? There's no merging going on, I assume. If I want archived kGTD items, I should wait to start using OF for real until they are importable, in other words.

Thanks guys, awesome work, I'm *so* close to switching to OF full time here.

-Will
I've answered my own question in part. The archive import is there, I just fooled myself by dragging the imported projects out of the kinkless import folder, and then delete what I thought was the empty folder. Of course, it still had the whole archive in there!

So from what I can tell, however, the import still doesn't set completed flags, although maybe I'm mistaken and they were never marked complete in kGTD correctly?

Anyone have experience with the archive import?

It does import but doesn't bring across completed dates and repeating tasks.

BZ

This morning's build does bring across completed dates, but doesn't yet do repeating tasks.