The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync failure for Office-iPhone-Home scenario Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I too am experiencing very similar problems. Sync between my desktop and my iPhone are working fine. Sync between my desktop and my laptop - changes that I've made on the desktop are not syncing to the laptop.

I've detailed my problem in this thread.

I am syncing via webDAV. I don't use the iDisk all.

I've resorted to not using my laptop for OF at all until this problem is resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottE22 View Post
I'm having an almost identical issue. I'm running on two MacBook Pros (MacBooks Pro?) and an iPhone.

For instance, I checked off some stuff over the weekend on my phone and when I got to work this morning, they were still unchecked even after a sync. Then I check off some stuff at work, fire up the home computer, sync, and the stuff I checked off at work is still showing as "overdue."

Plus, I get the "OmniFocus needs to re-open your local database" message with almost every sync.

It is very frustrating to say the least that I can't reliably look at my task list without first (a) making sure stuff I added somewhere else is showing up, and (b) verifying that no tasks that I completed are still in the list.

Hoping it gets better from here!
I'm experiencing these exact same issues and am not synching my iDisk in System Preferences.

However, MobileMe is asking me for my password when I open System Preferences and I have neither reset or changed it since last time I visited the MobileMe area of System Preferences. I suspect the problems reported in this thread are at least in part caused by Apple's continuing less than stellar implementation of this service.

Not to be a fly in the ointment, but...

I'm not convinced that this is a problem with MobileMe/iDisk...

Because it has been happening to me and my wife and we use webDAV (bingodisk).

We'll be looking into this, if you do track anything down, do let us know.

Disaster of the day - this time it's work on my office computer being destroyed.

This morning - all OK at home and on iPhone. Sync'd & up to date.
Get to work - get 'incompatible database' message, used 'iDisk' version. OK... looked good.

Then did a LOT of work rescheduling, completing, and rethinking some projects and actions.

Synced on my office computer. Seemed to go OK. (How could I tell - the software went through the motions.)

I've set iPhone sync to 'manual' thinking that I could keep a safe copy there. But I figured - looks good, let's sync.... Uh. oh. Nothing changes on the iPhone!!

Sync on my office computer - BAD MOVE! - lost everything.

Ha ha ha. Joke's on me.

[OK, I was able to restore from the backup...]

Are you using MobileMe in some cases, and the "Advanced/WebDAV" configuration in other cases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
Are you using MobileMe in some cases, and the "Advanced/WebDAV" configuration in other cases?
Good question! But, no - my computers are all set to 'MobileMe' sync.

It was only a few days ago, however, that I noticed that my original iDisk sync settings were showing up under 'Advanced', and I changed them then.

iPhone is 'MobileMe' too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidmf View Post
Good question! But, no - my computers are all set to 'MobileMe' sync.

It was only a few days ago, however, that I noticed that my original iDisk sync settings were showing up under 'Advanced', and I changed them then.

iPhone is 'MobileMe' too.
I'm noticing something similar. I've set this up as MobileMe on the computer and the iPhone several times, but on more than one occasion the computer and the iPhone have "spontaneously" changed to "Advanced."

I am loving the power of OmniFocus, but the anxiety over losing track of a task every time it syncs is counter-productive.

Sync does not work/ is not stable/ enters into some strange oscillation/ who knows!

And I'm in some strange oscillating sync universe now.

Changes made on my laptop (at home) are not showing up on my iPhone. (And I'm sure that if I sync'd my laptop after seeing the failure on my iPhone, I would lose my changes (e.g. as at work, yesterday)).

They did show up, earlier today!

I'll 'work around' as usual (i.e. delete various incarnations of .ofocus and re-sync to get a 'good' copy out there)... Ugh.

(Oh yeah, I'm manually syncing and waiting for the sync to finish after every set of changes.)

Last edited by chidmf; 2008-08-01 at 03:41 PM..

I have turned off iDisk syncing and cannot seem to keep things in sync to save my life. I've paid good money for the software and am sorely disppointed that I spend so much time every day hacking around and trying to make it work.

This is beyond frustrating.