The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Day/date keywords: OmniFocus vs. OmniOutliner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I recently created a new OmniOutliner Pro document with a Date column. The similarity of the OmniFocus and OmniOutliner GUIs has gotten me into trouble with OmniOutliner.

Specifically, OmniOutliner requires that day keywords (e.g., "today", "yesterday") be spelled out. OmniFocus recognizes 3-character abbreviations (e.g., "tod", "tom", "yes").

What puzzles me about OmniFocus abbreviations is only 3-character abbreviations are recognized (e.g., "yest" is simply discarded).

I'm posting this in the OmniFocus forum because I'd like to have ...
  1. OmniFocus recognize any non-ambiguous day abbreviation.
  2. OmniFocus then teach OmniOutliner how to recognize day keyword abbreviations.
[submitted as formal feedback]

Natural language date entry is something that we (and I, in particular) have been working hard to improve in OmniFocus.

In some iterations I was a little more accepting of incomplete fragments, but once we started supporting other languages (a huge goal of this project, as before no non-english languages had any sort of natural language) the chance for overlapping became higher and higher.

Please submit this email using "Send Feeback", and I'll do my best to address your issues, and you can start looking for the improved date handling to start popping up.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-10-08 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: spellin'