The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Please include "Top Down" organization Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcornflix View Post
I would expect that when you group by Due date, that the actions would be grouped into their appropriate Due date, under the Project heading. So the project heading would appear as many times as needed.
This should probably be a new thread, but anyway: sorting and grouping in Planning mode works at the level of the project as a whole, not the action. For me, the relevant date in planning mode is the first due date in the project, because that's the first firm commitment I have set in the project. I would be very distressed if OF worked the way you describe, because it would subvert the purpose of a separate Planning mode: namely, to allow the user to plan projects as a whole.

Can't you get the list you want with the following settings?

Context mode
Show all contexts
Group by due date
Sort by due date or project
Show remaining action
Show any duration
Show any flag state

Those settings give you your remaining actions by due date with each project listed in the projects column.