The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omnigroup's resource planning Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dear Omnigroup, dear all!

I would like to share some thoughts on how Omnigroup is dealing with bugs in Omniplan (or maybe in general, I can't say).

IMHO, it is a suboptimal situation for a paying customer, when she
- finds a bug, that actually has a significant impact on her workflow
- is eager to report it,
1. to get a solution, and
2. to help improve an otherwise favourable product
- learns, that it is a known bug
- learns a workable, but inefficient, time-consuming work-around
- learns that most probably there won't be a bug-fix until the next major version!

There are two major points that could improved here, one could be considered a feature, but the other, again IMHO, should be self-understood for a good practice towards the paying customer.
1. (Feature) If there would be a bug database visible to your users, I don't need to report a bug with a time-consuming bug report that is already in your database. And trust me, my bug reports usually cost me time, because I am usually try to find the minimal reproducing test case. (Ask Aaron)
2. If there is a bug that clearly breaks your advertised feature set (XML export e.g.), why is Omnigroup not spending resources on fixing these bugs?
I mean, are you not scared to make your customer base extremely annoyed if your most basic features are not working properly? You can't rest on your sugar-candy GUI laurels forever, you know? ;)

To make it short: I, personnally, can't except the excuse of working full steam on a new version of Omniplan when features of Omniplan that are essential for collaboration are not being fixed for many months.
I would really like to see some resources spent on the current Omniplan for very essential bug fixing only.

What does the community think? What does Omnigroup say?

Have a nice weekend everybody!
Michael