The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for iPad and integration with Dropbox/iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone,

I'm debating on purchasing OmniFocus for iPad and browsing this forum gave me a lot of answers to question I had, however I still have two that are not answered (or I cannot find the answer).

First one is regarding Dropbox integration. From what I understood OmniFocus for iPad has an option of adding attachments to action. Is it possible to add and attachment from Dropbox?

Secondly - OmniFocus for iPad supposedly has a feature to integrate with iCal. My question is which calendar in iCal is used (or can I select the one I want OmniFocus to use)? I have two google calendars connected to iCal via WebDAV and I would like OmniFocus to use them both. Is this possible?

Currently, you can add photos and voice recordings to an action on the iPad. We also have a feature request open on the ability to pick attachments from an online location (like Dropbox or iDisk).

While OmniFocus can't sync with Google Calendar, there is another way it can interact with iCal:

If you're synching OmniFocus through a MobileMe account or WebDAV server, you can use the calendar subscription feature to publish iCal events from OmniFocus. Each time you sync OmniFocus, any upcoming due events will be published to an .ics calendar file stored on your sync server, which your iPad's iCal can subscribe to.

If you're not currently synching via MobileMe or WebDAV, you can sign up for our free server at www.omnigroup.com/sync. Once you've set up your account, follow the instructions in the welcome email to set up syncing.

In the Settings screen for OmniFocus, tap into the Sounds and Alerts>Calendar Alarms screen, set the desired alarm time and tap "Synchronize Now", then tap "Subscribe in Calendar". From there, iCal should show your upcoming due actions in OmniFocus as calendar events.

Don't hesitate to email us at omnifocus@omnigroup.com if you have any other questions!

Hi again,

First of all - the answer was very helpful and I actually purchased OmniFocus for iPad shortly after.

Secondly - I was wondering is it possible to add tasks to OmniFocus for iPad via email in some way? What would make mo most happy is the ability to send an email to some email address that would result in a new entry in my Inbox. Is this possible somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsiwek View Post
Secondly - I was wondering is it possible to add tasks to OmniFocus for iPad via email in some way? What would make mo most happy is the ability to send an email to some email address that would result in a new entry in my Inbox. Is this possible somehow?
Not currently possible, barsiwek, but we do have a feature request open on the ability to do this - though the approach we're considering would require you to be syncing through our Omni Sync Server. I'll attach your post to that feature request so the rest of the team will know you'd like to see that added. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Not currently possible, barsiwek, but we do have a feature request open on the ability to do this - though the approach we're considering would require you to be syncing through our Omni Sync Server.
I sync using Omni Sync Server so this is my use case exactly. Thanks!