The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Defaults for views? Can't see actions in context view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Perhaps I have changed my 'views' somehow (in the contexts view, not the hierarchical folders list) - but now I can't see any of my actions.

To be honest, I'm not clear on the order/way in which the views operate - can someone help, or give me a pointer to an explanation post?

Thanks so much,
Jennifer

Last edited by jenniferp; 2007-09-28 at 06:00 AM..

Sorry for any trouble!

The view bar changes the arrangement or visibility of actions. Here's a quick explanation of each working from left to right in Context Mode:
  • Context Availability - Changes which contexts are shown in the sidebar
  • Grouping - Groups all visible actions as specified (project is taken into account)
  • Sorting - Sorts all visible actions
  • Filter - Changes which actions are visible based on their state (next action, etc.)
  • Duration - Shows all actions that take less than or equal to the specified time to accomplish
  • Flag - Shows all flagged or unflagged items

Please let me know if I've misunderstood and this isn't quite what you were referring to.

If altering these settings doesn't change anything, you might try seeing if you're focused in Planning Mode. If you'd like someone to take a look, I'd be happy to help. If you wouldn't mind sending a screenshot to omnifocus@omnigroup.com (feel free to add to or change the subject line to indicate urgency). Again, sorry for the trouble!

Actually, none of my actions show up in either planning or context mode. I see the projects as usual in planning mode, but each folder appears 'empty' except for the top level projects.

I'm sending you two screen shots, one of planning, one of context mode. Subject linke is 'urgent: screen shots attached.'

Thanks so much!

Ack! I just realised that I had terms in the search box in either view so that's why nothing was showing up in either view.

Boy do I feel a bit silly. :)

But I do know that others have done the same thing - perhaps there should be an error message or something alerting the fact that you have search terms 'on'??

Cheers,
Jennifer