The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I manually save? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How do I manually save an OF file?

Why do you want to manually save an OF file? It's constantly saving itself automatically in the background.

did not know that. in the preferences pane it says that it only backs up 1-2 a day or when i close the app.

This refers to an separate backup, in case something should happen to your main file. This is less useful under 10.5 than under 10.4 since you can use Time Machine in 10.5.

Occasionally OF tells me it needs to save the file when I quit OF. I understand all changes are immediately written to the file so why does this happen?

There are some edge cases where the document still gets marked dirty, though these are either bugs or iffy features. The two cases I know about (both have bugs logged) are changing styles in the outline view and popping up Quick Entry and then closing it w/o saving. If you know of other ways, please let us know with Send Feedback.

The times I saw it might have been opening QuickEntry and then canceling. I was testing the recently fixed bug where it selected a similarly named context. Next time it happens I'll try to remember what I had done.