The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipping doesn't work at all. Anybody has the same symptom? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi, guys,

i came to a clipping trouble now. i set up clipping in preference, changed the hot key to Ctrl+A and the shortcut key in service>Omnifoucs Clipping inbox has been changed too.

but when i select anything (item in OmniPlan, mail, anything) and use the shortcut key (or by clicking in the service menu), the app will halt for about 20 seconds and returns a message "can't use the service, pls check whether the app is running(it means OF)".

what's wrong with it? i searched this forum and don't find any relevant post. or i'm the only victim of this mal-function?

thank you if you can help me. :)

This happened to me, and restarting my mac solved it.

i reboot and it still exists. "the app doesn't response to the request".

is something wrong with my leopard?

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Rebooting and reinstalling the service from preferences did not work at all. Maybe we have something installed that interferes with the clipping service, as it appears to work for so many other people. I will try to track this down using a fresh user without any additional software running.

Best,

Ben

i will try a little more. thanx pal.

I can't seem to get the clippings settings to work well from anything from Safari. Both Mail and Firefox never seem to be triggered by the keystroke.

I have tried several combonations... but nothing. Anyone seen this?

I too cannot get clipping to work, in any application. I've tried rebooting my machine (running Tiger) but still no luck. I see the menu item in the services menu, along with the appropriate shortcut; but when I try to use it, either through the menu or with the shortcut, nothing happens -- no stalling, no error messages, nothing.

If someone could at least suggest places where I can poke around to try to solve this, I might be able to make a bit more headway. (I know my machine quite well.)

Looks like i am not alone.

You might experiment with different shortcut keys. I use Quickeys and occasionally a shortcut key used somewhere else prevents a perfectly good macro from running. Changing the shortcut key solves the problem.

Probably the simplest case to experiment with would be to restore to the original shortcut key.