The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

drawing glitches introduced in sp17 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
on the page http://www.sfdrs.ch/sfmeteo i see some bad drawing glitches since using sp17.
pictures are not in there correct place (there is for example lots of grey space above some pictures, on some subpages parts of pictures are cut off)
this bug was not seen in sp16 or any other sp i've been using up to now.
this seems to be caused by the new font/font size. when i set "text zoom" to 1.20 the pictures jump to their correct position.
additionally the small font size introduced in sp17 is quite annoying. would be better to have it like before. (setting "text zoom" causes very large text on some pages, for example in omni forums)

Last edited by andreas_g; 2006-07-05 at 11:59 PM..

Why not just use the appearance CP to set a more conventional font/size? I have mine set to 16pt Georgia (I always do, in every browser) and the page you indicated looks fine.

Generally, web designers expect people to be using 16pt Times as their default, nor a tiny sans font like Lucida Grande.

Of course, this page is poorly designed if it breaks just because of a smaller default font, but that's another story... ;-)

thanks for the hint. i didn't know that feature. setting font size to 16 helped. the page now looks like it should and pictures are arranged properly.
i agree that the site has poor code. it has still a strange bug (which occurs in webkit and safari too)

Can you give me a link to a specific page that is having trouble with our default settings?

yes, it is www.sfdrs.ch/sfmeteo
up to now the only page, where really bad drawing errors occur, when the font size is below 16.
on other pages the new default font causes no further problems, but is a bit small to read.
i have set the font size to 16 now, so that the problem is gone for me.

I've noticed regularly in SP16 and SP17 that images to not fully display. Perhaps 3/4 of the image is displayed and as soon as my mouse gets over them, they render fully. Unfortunately, this happens most often on my internal network monitoring software so I can't post a link to an example; capturing a screenshot is proving tricky as well since as soon as the mouse crosses the image, it re-appears.

The images are also hyperlinks, which may provide some clue as to the source of the issue...

(Webkit bug again? No java/javascript involved this time...)

Got a sample of what I mean...notice how the "tabs" in this view are chopped off at the top; the same is true for many other images in the web-application (Cacti) -- the tabs/images are all hyperlinks to various features and putting the mouse over the image will cause them to redraw correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	448
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	61  

I've been getting an issue in SP17 where, when I load a workspace, many of the associated files aren't loading with a page. For example, often the stylesheets don't load with a tab that's in the background.

I can confirm that the issues you describe are occurring with my install of SP17 as well. Additionally, the issues do not occur with WebKit.