The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FanFiction Editing Bug Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings:

Good work on OW

You can't use the main editing or text features on Fanfiction.com among some by using OW. Only Firefox and IE flies.

JimWG

Can you give us some more details on what isn't working specifically? The form editing features (which I think someone was mentioning recently?) Appear to work okay for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Can you give us some more details on what isn't working specifically? The form editing features (which I think someone was mentioning recently?) Appear to work okay for me.
Did you create a document to post in the Documents Edit/Preview section? Instead of getting a normal editing screen you get one with HTML codes shot thru it without any line breaks. The screen bar says:

Edit/Preview:

This editor requires Internet Explorer 5.0+, Netscape 7.1+, Mozilla 1.4+, or an equivalent Gecko based browser. A regular textarea will be displayed instead.

Thanks and Good luck,
James Greenidge

Have you tried spoofing as Firefox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
Have you tried spoofing as Firefox?
How?

Thanks,

James Greenidge

OmniWeb menu -> Show Site Preferences
Main tab -> Preferences for FanFiction
sub tab Other -> Identify to web servers and scripts as:
select a browser at will and retry the site.

SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcraft View Post
OmniWeb menu -> Show Site Preferences
Main tab -> Preferences for FanFiction
sub tab Other -> Identify to web servers and scripts as:
select a browser at will and retry the site.

SC
Did this, and now on the editing screen is a "PLEASE WAIT" sign that never ends. Did it as Firefox 1.5 to 2.o and even Win Firefox.

James Greenidge

This looks intended to me. The rich text editor isn't supported in WebKit based browsers apparently (OmniWeb, Safari) so it just uses a plain text editor that displays raw html for you to edit. Not the best solution in the world if you ask me but it appears to be what they chose to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
This looks intended to me. The rich text editor isn't supported in WebKit based browsers apparently (OmniWeb, Safari) so it just uses a plain text editor that displays raw html for you to edit. Not the best solution in the world if you ask me but it appears to be what they chose to do.
There's no way to mimic the RTF editor used in such sites?

James Greenidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Greenidge View Post
There's no way to mimic the RTF editor used in such sites?
It depends on the editor. Some work with WebKit, the particular one they're using doesn't appear to. It's trying to load when you spoof as Firefox but fails to do so.