The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Badge count resets? [A: caused by quitting app mid-launch] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Every now and then, I find that the badge count in OmniFocus for iPhone disappears. I've been trying to figure out how to reproduce it - doesn't seem to reliably be Springboard resets or shutdown/restarts.

Anyone else noticing this?

Steve

Do you accidentally start Omnifocus when you don't mean to? I've found if I hit the home button when OF is starting up, the badge count resets (probably because it starts counting from zero on startup and I interrupt that count).

Great catch, BrianCarter - I've noticed that phenomenon, but never determined what caused it. You're totally right, though; it's the "oops, I didn't mean to start that" press of the home button that resets the count. Just in case we can prevent that somehow, I'll write this up. Thanks!