The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to show time in the Due Date column? [A: can enable. see thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Are you sorting in project view or context view? In project mode it sorts based on the due date of the project, except if there is none, in which case it sorts on the earliest due date of any of the remaining actions, it would appear. And most importantly, project mode sorts projects, not the actions inside them. If you want to see which project you need to finish first, project mode would be the place to look. If you want to see which action you need to do first, context mode is the place to look.

thanks a lot for the nice contribution- now OF seems even more "complete"... code (+24h trick) did the job for me, thanks!

would anyone mind helping out a complete idiot out and telling me what exactly goes into Terminal and how it should be written? I came across this thread looking for a way to display times like the OP but I've never used the Terminal before so I have no idea how to enter those commands.

First, quit OmniFocus if it is running.

Launch the Terminal application, which is found in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder.

Then, copy and paste the following group of lines from your web browser into the Terminal (you can do them all at once):

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterShowTime YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterDefaultWantsTruncatedTime YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterUseRelativeDayNames YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterDateFormatStyle medium
Press the return key after you paste them into the Terminal window. Now launch OmniFocus and see how you like the new settings.