The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New Forum Style Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the absence of some kind of notification on the main page of which forums have new posts, could we have some kind of a "Mark all forums as read" within the "New Posts" page. There are forums that don't interest me, not just the developer stuff, but also the "Other software" forums including Omni Focus and OmniPlan -- sadly, I'm not in the market for those, though I sometimes wish I were! The result is that the "New Posts" page gets cluttered with posts in those, making it harder to spot the ones I'm interested in. So having been down the list to identify where there are new posts that interest me, it would be nice to be able to zap the rest without having to open their respective forums in turn and choose "Mark forum as read" from there.

Mark

I think what you're looking for is a Mark Board as Read function? There is a Mark Forum as Read function right now, and that marks all posts on this forum as read.

Edit: Looks like vB refers to "boards" as "forums." Thats kind of odd. So I guess in vB terms you want a "Mark Forum [singular] Read" button, rather than "Mark Forums Read" button.

PS. Save button on edit window still doesn't work.

Last edited by Forrest; 2007-04-25 at 08:23 AM..

By the way, as Forrest didn't mention it, the Mark Forums as Read option is found in the "Quick Links" menu in the forum toolbar.

Thanks Forrest and JKT. I did want the "Mark Forums as Read" option, just never thought to look at it under "Quick links" as I don't think of it as a link and have never needed to explore that menu. The thing is my main workspace automatically loads half-a-dozen forums/boards that I participate in, but I don't always have time to read all the new posts that interest me. In the OG forum, the unread ones get shoved down the new posts page in amongst the growing number of new posts on forums I'm not interested in. To be able to zap all those when I've finished reading the ones I want, simplifies life.

Mark

Don't know if it was in response to this part of the thread, but last night, I couldn't log on to the OG forums, and just now I noticed that there is a "Mark Forums Read" button at the bottom of the main page, which I never noticed before.
If you've just added it, OmniGuys, thank you very much; if it has been there all the time, I'll go and get my eyes tested! :)
Mark

Does anybody else find that the "Go to first unread" button in the new forum style doesn't work (With OW 5.5.4!) On clicking it remains high-lit, but no activity is reported in Network Activity window, and nothing happens. It's a real nuisance when "Next Thread" has taken you on to a multi-page thread.

Mark

It's getting better. You still want feedback?

Mark - doesn't work for me either

OmniGroup - the main forum page is displaying better now, but the icons are not all loading (either the new posts icon or the no new posts icon is not showing - I don't know which as I can't tell which is which without the opposite showing!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Mark - doesn't work for me either

OmniGroup - the main forum page is displaying better now, but the icons are not all loading (either the new posts icon or the no new posts icon is not showing - I don't know which as I can't tell which is which without the opposite showing!)

It's the no new posts icon, I believe. I just marked all as read and there are now no icons...

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheski
It's the no new posts icon, I believe. I just marked all as read and there are now no icons...

Peter
Yes, no new posts icon is not appearing. Also, in the last week we've lost the previous/next thread buttons ... means you have to go back to the forum page after reading each thread.

Mark