The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do you organize @Context Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have work on Omnifocus since april 08, and i had two difficulties. One was to organize my project list (it is solved at last) and the secont one was about using context.

As everybody i red david Allen book GTD, and i was amazed about his contexts. So i tried mine wich were @Call, @Wait, @Errands, @Officestuff, @Macintosh. But when action was on the rush i was alway slowed down by these contexts. I had also tremendous difficulties with the timing to do things i mean stuff i had to do this week, today, next week and Later.... Of was quiet imprecise about this and using perspective was not of any help.

So i admired sofware such as THINGS or THE HIT LIST wich have a today checklist and i found it good. This afternood i surfed looking for what could be my perspective in realestate. May be someone had an idea about it. Then i discovered this link about the using of perpective and i thank indeed the author about his Thread.

http://avernet.blogspot.com/2007/10/...is-broken.html

Well, it says that except special case (Ie. David use at call because he is rarely at his office and maybe he spend a lot of time calling from the airport.) we have to manage context not on what we have to do ie call. but on time we alloud to do stuff and he gives for example OF.

Well i am often at my office so many things can be done there and in the rush it is faster to read my check list and decide what i have to do.

So i tried and made my context like this @Today, @This week, @Next week, @Later, @ errands and it's much better.

But doing this was not suffisant to be able to manage my stuff efficiently so i added some perspectives : mine are Wait, Call, Stuff. So when i am on the phone and think who can i call now i have my list...

The main advantage of this way of my way of organizing context is that i can work on a focus time (my day, my week...) and work on my specific context ie Call or Wait or Stuff (all things i have to do wich are note Call or Wait)

So what i understood is this simple rule. Project or Context do it SIMPLE !!!!!
Don't make things complicated make it operational to be able to be able to react instinctivly and not in an administration way.

What is your own way about context ?

Best regards to all. Jupiter

Last edited by Jupiter; 2009-01-22 at 11:14 PM..