The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Font-size change in RC1 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

RC1 dramatically changed font-size. Now, my website, which is font-size:100% is too small and I have to make it bigger for it being readable.

Is it a regression, is it a WebKit question (i.e. it is not here to speak about it)? Is there somewhere on the Web some picture that would point me to the expected size? I don't know whether I need font-size:120% or Omniweb is not implementing font-size:100% properly.

Thank you

Do you have an example page for us?

Font sizes all seem the same in RC1 to me. From what I understand the webkit version hasn't changed since the sneaky peeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Do you have an example page for us?
I used to notice big differences, but I can’t reproduce them anymore. That might as well come from my machine, that would not be the first time (something as strange as this happened on WebKit before I reinstalled OS*X and after that, it was gone, with no reason).

If I come up with something, I'll tell you, but odds are low.

I found one: Google searches. They look smaller now. Compare these pages:

I used to have the same size, but not anymore. And I prefer the Wikipedia one (there is no font-size preference in Wikipedia)

* http://www.google.com/search?q=lojban+empyree
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia

Same font size on both pages here. (But, remind you: Google will present different search results to people from different locations (IP based)—there might be differences in the presented html, too; I don't know. I did my test wiht a German IP.)

David- what are your font settings? Do you use the default style or are you using something custom?

Are you talking about the System Preferences? I changed nothing there. As for Google… Well, I used a site-specific preference for text zoom 1.10. Since this behaviour is not reproducible, I think this is the best to do.

Thank you anyway for your quick reply!