The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

question about completed items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I just purchased OO.

I am trying to maintain a list of open items from weekly meetings we have.

I am using "numeric numbering".
I am showing the "status" box.
I also created a column called "completed", using a checkbox.

My goal is to maintain a list of "unchecked" or uncomplerted items with their original number.
I notice if I sort by checked item, it moves the the checked item to the bottom of the list, but it also changes the item numbers, which I don't want changed.

Is there a way for me to hide completed items, and keep the numbering "as is"?

Thank you.

Your best option with OmniOutliner 3 would be to enter the row numbering yourself at the start of each row and sorting by checked item instead of using the automatic numbering.

thanks for the reply, that would work, however I thought that would be more automatic.

Do you feel this is the corect program for this type of task? We run several different opertations, and need to maitain an agenda of open items from weekly meetings.

Thanks again.

It certainly sounds like a task OmniOutliner is good for. The additional automatic features you're looking for are very possible additions in future versions.