The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anyone else feel pop-up calendars are a must-have? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One thing that causes a major hassle for me in OmniPlan is the lack of pop-up calendars when entering start/end dates for tasks. Does anyone else think this is virtually a show-stopper? OK, maybe not quite that bad, but it is a real pain having to switch to my calendar app every time I need to make more than a few days adjustment.

A typical scenario is I'll need to move a date by 1-2 weeks and I know that I want it to start on a particular day, say Monday. But Plan has no way to tell me what day of the week the task currently starts on, so I don't know how many days I need to move it. And even if I did, if the shift happens to cross over into a new month I've either got to do the math in my head to work out the new date (bad idea for me) and remember how many days are in the month the task currently ends in...

Alternatively I must switch to a calendar, surf to the date in the calendar, find the right date, and then go back to Plan again.

A pop-up would be about 10x easier and more reliable than either of these methods. This is basic functionality for any program that relies on dates, can we please get this in for v1.0?

Thanks. :o

I think this would be usefull as well. Althought I am not sure how it should be implemented. I don't like how it is done in FastTrack, i.e. that the calendar automatically pop-ups when you click in such a field. So it should be available when someone wants it but yet it should not be intrusive.

Absolutely! ... you could just put a little calendar icon to the right side of the text field (like they do in all the major airline websites) and have it just popup a little day selector (like the little month display in ical). This would be a major productivity boost - we could concentrate on entering the data and not trying to figure out what the date will be in 3 weeks or which months have 31 days.

Yes. They would help a lot. Also I like the idea of optional use, that is an icon you click on to use them, takes less space and still lets you put in date by typing if you want.

Much agreement from me and many others. I offered the same advice about 6 weeks ago and I have been told they have this on the RADAR and plan to make it happen - but they did not give me a date yet.

Just wanted to let you know that BETA 8 has this feature installed - check it out - it rocks - really nice.