The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

When should I consider archiving? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I launch OmniFocus on both my desktop Mac & iBook soon after startup and leaving it running all the time. 99% of my OmniFocus use is on my desktop Mac; syncing keeps the iBook current for the other 1%. I don't have an iPhone.

For the first time in quite a while, OmniFocus prompted me to "Archive completed or dropped items from before 9/1/09. 1040 items to archive."

I understand archiving can improve performance, especially when syncing with an iPhone.

As long as I'm happy with the performance of OmniFocus on my desktop, does it make sense to simply ignore (or turn off) archiving?

-- Ward

Do you ever search for completed actions or projects? If no or it is only very infrequently, imo it makes sense to archive just to keep your database as trim and fast performing as possible.

Add a repeating action to Archive your database each month if you need a prompt to do it.