The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

URL autocomplete from history Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like Safari's in-line autocomplete in the address bar. I find it fast and useful when I want to go to page that I don't visit often that's not a shortcut but in my bookmarks. I'm hoping it'll be added as an option. Love OW. I'm diehard Safari user. It's probably just comfort zone but I'm going to use OW for a week. OW has all the features that my pimped out Safari has but I like it because it's tightly integrated and seems more polished than the 3rd party Safari plugins. I love Inquisitor but I think I won't miss it much if OW becomes my default.

It is probably familiarity. Personally, I hate the fact that I have to remember the exact URL to be able to autocomplete anything in Safari, whereas in OmniWeb all I need to remember is any word(s) in the URL or title or contents of the page. For example, if I type apple in the location bar of Safari, the only sites it will pull up from my bookmarks or history are anything starting with www.apple in the URL, whereas in OmniWeb it will pull up those sites, plus any that have apple anywhere else in the URL, plus any that didn't have apple in the URL but did have it in the title of the page, plus any that didn't have apple in the URL but did have it in the contents of the page... a lot like a Spotlight search for a document for which you don't remember the exact title, but do know (some of) the contents. If you want to narrow the field, just keep adding keywords until you get down to the one(s) you want.