The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Preparing for 1.1 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm waiting for the full 1.1 release before I upgrade. I'm really looking forward to the location based services.

A few questions:

My db is enormous. nearly 30 megs. I'm in the habit of attaching lots of files and emails to actions. Obviously the iphone won't hold the whole thing. Do I need to get it down to something that will fit on the iphone, or will it sync limited contexts to the phone (luckily, the ones with all the attachments doesn't really need to be on the phone).

Do I need to start changing my behavior (and stripping out all the files I've already thrown in there)?

A related question: I don't see a way to control how long OF holds on to completed actions and projects. I don't think I need or want to hold on to them forever, and I certainly don't need them all synced to my iphone.

What else should I be thinking about to prepare for the new release?

We have an "archive" feature that will let you keep older stuff just on the desktop. (coming in 1.1)

This will let you get your DB down to an easily synced size, and let you keep those old attachments safely on your machine.

When 1.1 comes out this will be detailed as part of the upgrade process.

Might be worth taking a look at "EverNote" -- I haven't decided for myself, yet, but I know a lot of people who swear by it (as a companion to OF, of course).