The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pictures not syncing across all three (iPhone, mac, and iPad) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am really stuck... Here is my problem...

I create a task and add a picture to the task. I then sync and the task shows up on all three platforms including picture. Now, unexpectantly, the picture only shows up and expands on the iPhone; but, it only shows up as an icon on the Mac and iPad but won't expand.

I sync via MobileMe and even tried it with Omnifocus Beta and still have same problem.

I'm desperate as I use the items I take pictures of for major projects and need to be able to view the details on my MAC or iPad when in meetings... Any suggestions?

What are the dimensions of the images?

I use the standard pictures I take with my iphone 4 right from within omnifocus. They appear on all three platforms for a bit... a day or two and then they turn to icons; except, on the iphone.

And once the picture no longer shows as anything but an icon on the Mac, what happens if you drag the icon to your desktop? Can you open it with Preview, for example? Also, what does the Attachments window in OmniFocus show?

There are some settings for how large of an image OmniFocus will show as an image, beyond which you get just the icon when looking at the notes. I would expect that the iPhone 4's camera may well put you past those limits, but don't have one so can't try the obvious experiment.

Have a look at Ken's post here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...05&postcount=7

I don't understand why it appears to work at all for you, then stops...

I will try the link you shared with me... where do I write that code if I am using a Mac?

I also tried clicking the icon and now there is no icon just the paper clip icon indicating there is a file attached.

;-(

You enter that command in a Terminal window, as Ken described. The Terminal application is found in the Utilities folder in the Application folder. Be sure to copy the command exactly (copy and paste is a good idea) and press the return key at the end of the line.

It sounds as if the attachment has been lost somehow. I would suggest that you contact Omni's support group on Monday for assistance in getting to the bottom of this. They can look at the transaction history in your database to see if there are any clues. 1-800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152

Thanks for the feedback... I will try it and then call Omni on Monday... I am truly intrigued with Omni as it has met 99.99% of my GTD/7H approach to management. This one glitch can cause me some major setbacks... Again, thanks!