The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Usage help: "start date" always? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use the "start date" a lot. I've managed to update most of my perspectives to include "start date", but I still find I have to add that column to my window a lot. Is there any way to tell OF to always show the start date?

You could set OmniFocus up to display things as you like (with the desired mode, columns, expanded/collapsed states, window size and position, etc.) and save it as a perspective. Take a look at the Perspectives video for some ideas.

-Dennis

When are you noticing that it's missing? Is it when you change Perspectives or modes? Remember that the Planning and Context modes have different column settings; you need to adjust them individually.

Is the start date column not appearing when you click "Revert to Default View" under the Perspectives menu? You should be able to click that, add the column, and have it show up in the future.