The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Adding URLs in Quick Entry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman88 View Post
1. Clipping seems to be the most functional workflow for the process I outlined above. The only extra step is actually the need to highlight something on the page...
When clipping a web page, text on the page or the url in the address bar must be selected. Many times I create tasks or projects that reference sites without need to import text selections from pages on those sites. Currently, I must select text then delete it in the note beneath the hotlink; or select the url which results in two hotlinks to the same site in the note (or go through the drag and drop steps outlined in the thread, rather than use clippings).

Please allow the user to clip a web page when no text or address selected. When a browser window/tab has focus, pressing the clippings shortcut would create a task with the title of the page as its default name and the hotlinked page title would be placed as the note. (If text is desired, that could still be selected for import according to current behavior). This would be applied to web clippings added to directly to inbox and via Quick Entry.

Email the support team if you'd like to vote for this small pony request.

One of our posters came up with this:

http://nik.me/omnifocus-uri-handler

I have a "Quick Entry" bookmarklet that I use (a lot). Works great. No need to select text.

(the original forum post: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8251)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
One of our posters came up with this:

http://nik.me/omnifocus-uri-handler
I'm going to try using these bookmarklets in my workflow and see how it goes. Since I prefer using keyboard over mouse clicks, I'll just insert the “Send page to Quick Entry” as my first item in the Safari bookmark bar, and use the browser default cmd-1 as the keystroke. (It's not readily apparent to me how to use Butler to assign a trigger that will correctly run the javascript and Nik's URI handler).

I'd prefer the use of OF clippings for this purpose—and a hotlinked page title as the note rather than the full url—but this is a nice workaround. Thanks to xmas for sharing the information and to iNik for the tool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman88 View Post
(...) more annoying, the inability to Tab within Quick Entry to complete the project/context.

(...)but it would be nice to be able to navigate with the Quick ENtry window with Tabs...
I'm having the same bother as apeman88 here, which is that I can't tab into or out of the Notes field in the Quick Entry box. So I go to make a clipping with my keyboard shortcut, type Name, Project, Context etc by tabbing along, but then the tab skips the flag and notes field and returns to the beginning.

Please can tabbing to Notes be enabled, or is there an extra key press I need to use to get there?

Thanks!

Cmd-' will get you to the notes. Use Help --> Send Feedback to report the problem with tabbing.

Curt

Curt, thank-you so much for the shortcut! I'll send feedback about the tabbing.