The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Autofill not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using 5.5.1 and I have autofill set to fill in my entries from the address book - e.g. "Country" = United Kingdom.

However, none of these are working?! I haven't been able to fill in a single form, and I have tried about 10-15 - most of them would contain obvious entries like "Name", "City", etc - but nothing.....

Must be a broken feature?

It has not worked for me either.

AutoFill works but it does take a bit more training by filling forms out to get it working.

If you have example forms that are accessible by us here at Omni feel free to send them in or post them here.

It still isn't working properly - OW never seem to be able to retrieve any information from my address book (even though I can see the info under the Auto Fill preferences in OW). The feature works in the sense that it will remember what ever I type in, but this really isn't very useful.
Try the following form:
https://www.crucial.com/uk/store/checkout/shipping.asp

I guess you have to pretend to buy some stuff first though. I can fill in this form without any problems using Camino or Firefox, but OW just wont do the trick - not on this form, not on any other ones :(.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a broken feature?

Thanks

You know, I've been using OW for a long time and have never quite gotten how it does autofill...

I seem to have 2 "locations" for autofill. One is "shared" the other "home". Shared says "from address book - 2 values", while Home has "from address book - 8 values" as well as "shared (0 values)", and a few additional values.

"Home" seems to have my complete info, not "shared". But OW usually does not find the info in Home.

Why do I have 2 entries? Neither can be deleted, apparently. And how do I force OW to use my "real" address book card?

The reason you are confused by the Shared is probably because you only have a home address entered in your Address Book entry. If you have e.g. a work address, etc. entered as well it would become clear that the Shared information is available to all your addresses in the Autofill pane. With multiple addresses, you can select e.g. your Work entry in the Autofill pane to have your work details entered by autofill rather than your Home entry details. The shared information is e.g. all the text entries you have auto-saved.

Last edited by JKT; 2007-01-08 at 11:30 AM..

P.S. highlight the Home in the left hand pane for Autofill to use those details.

Well, I have all this set up, but it still doesn't work... "Shared", "Work" and "Home", but regardless of which one I use nothing happens.

Any "trial-form" address that you could give me? Just to check out if it works there....

I have now tried several different forms, and for now only my e-mail address has been successfully typed in automatically (but only once...). I have tried all the same forms using Camino or Safari and it always works. It seems as if this feature needs a bit of brushing up? To me at least, it is an incredibly important part of a good browser.

I should have pointed out that autofill is not something I use (I actually prefer the select from drop-down menu method of input on most occasions) - I was just indicating how it is supposed to work.