The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Going to Seattle for three days in the coming month. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We are planning a trip to Seattle in the coming month. We are looking to stay in one of the following areas; downtown, belltown, and lake union.

Any advice from the home town hero's on places to stay. If hotels were given a 0 - 4 rating, I am thinking the upper range.

Any attractions you could recommend? We have a 20 month old samurai warrior tagging along.

Does Omni give office tours or host paper football tournaments?

Any other suggestions or comments welcomed!

Thanks everyone.

Haven't stayed in hotels here in town; my recommendations would all be from a few decades ago, when I would drive up here to check out shows. (Grew up in Portland.)

In case it helps, the Camlin was decent when I stayed there... in the 90's. Man, does that even exist any more? They may have converted it to condos.

The Beatles once stayed at the Edgewater hotel, and they've been making bank on that fact for the last 40 years or so. (It's right on the water, too.)

The Space Needle and Seattle Underground tour are both a little spendy, but entertaining enough to pay for once. Just don't be offended if a native declines to go to either with you, 'cause they've probably been before. :-)

The downtown public library is the third craziest architectural thing in town, right behind the space needle and the EMP. We have a taste for nutty buildings for some reason. I've been to a couple of shows at the Experience Music Project, but never paid for the exhibits there or at the SciFi museum they added on.

Fremont is an entertaining neighborhood for shopping and such. Ballard is entertaining as well.

Food, I can help you with. Portage Bay Cafe in Lake Union is a dependably good place to eat. 5 Spot, on Queen Anne Hill, is also good. There's a new cajun place on lower queen anne called... Toulouse Petit.

We don't have office tours, I'm afraid. I always feel terrible when I tell folks that. I sorta hope someday we're big and huge and can have someone to give tours without awkwardly and randomly hijacking someone's work day to do it. :-)

Thanks so much. Everything you stated help make this trip a good one. Currently living it up in Seattle. :-)