The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Does history text search work for anyone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've only rarely been able to get full text search of history working in the past. Now with OW5.5sp7 I decided to do a fresh install on a new account and its still not working for me. Does this feature actually work for anyone? Are there any weird restrictions on what it indexes? I visited a very vanilla page and searched for a word from the page in my history and Omniweb couldn't find it. When I searched for the title of the page, it was found.

...Bueller?

Seems to work for me. A little slow at times, but overall ok.

I had never tried this, but when I did a Show History and then searched, it worked. I don't keep a lot of history, so maybe that's why it seemed reasonably fast.

Searching for content doesn't seem to work me either. Tried searching for text that I now should be in my history, but nothing shows up.

Worked fine for me the other day.

Unfortunately, the history content indexer doesn't work in 5.5. Content that was indexed in 5.1.3 can be found in 5.5, but pages viewed in 5.5 will not be indexed.

We hope to re-implement this in a future version of OmniWeb.

Len,

Any news on this front? Can we expect this feature to be back by 5.5.1?
Thanks,

Alex.

It won't be in the initial sneaky peeks for 5.5.1 but hopefully we can re-implement it before 5.5.1 goes final.

I don't know if this is related, but my History menu is very selective. It certainly doesn't list each page I visit. Sometimes it leaves out a large chunk of a day, sometimes it's only a page here and there. I have no idea why it does this. I've cleared the cache, cleared the history, and now I rely on Browseback.