The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug report on dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm impressed that I was able to pretty much pick up the Beta and go with it, despite having only passing familiarity with project management software.

I also see and appreciate the parallels with OmniOutliner.

Problem 1.
I set up a project with 40+ tasks & subtasks, complete with their duration and connections. I set up 15 staff resources, just names & no details. I can allocate resources to the first couple of tasks. Then the end date of any further tasks jumps out to sometime in 2074.

This change in end date can't be fixed, either by changing the end date in the outline, or by changing the duration.

Generally though, it seems stable enough until resources are actually allocated.

Problem 2.
In the calendar view there is a one day discrepancy between the month as shown and the working week as shown. EG: the month shows 01 Jan 2007 as a Monday, the week shows 01 Jan 2007 as a Tuesday.

Problem 3.
I can't find a way to show a mid-week day as a non-working day.

Looking forward to the next beta!

Problem 2 is addressed in beta 5, which should be posted soon.
Problem 1 is also addressed in that beta, I believe.

Problem 3: To make Wednesday (for example) a non-working day:
Resize the current work periods to only cover Monday - Tuesday. Then draw new rectangles for Thursday-Friday (click and drag diagonally). Another way to add new work periods is just to make sure the week view pane has focus, and type something like "Th-F 8-12"

Does this mean we can't mark certain days as 'holidays' or 'non-workdays'?

One of my clients is closed on Fridays during the summer months. I'd like to be able to block off these days as 'closed'/'holidays'/'non-workdays'.

James B

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongSizeGlass
Does this mean we can't mark certain days as 'holidays' or 'non-workdays'?

One of my clients is closed on Fridays during the summer months. I'd like to be able to block off these days as 'closed'/'holidays'/'non-workdays'.

James B
The procedure I described will work for both general patterns -- the shop is closed every Monday -- or specific variations -- I'm on vacation next Friday.

For general patterns that affect the whole project, use the "Normal Work Week for Project". If it just affects one resource or group of resources, use "Normal Work Week" for the specific resource. If it's a specific variation, use the "Work Schedule" for the relevant scope (project or resource) and select the week to edit.

If you've got more specific questions on this, it may be easier to email omniplan@omnigroup.com

I am geeting the same problem, all my due dates are in 2012.

I am using beta 5

Regards

Simon

m0sca: I don't think we've seen that issue yet. Please open your file, choose "Send Feedback" from the Help menu, choose the include file option and mention this problem you're seeing. We'd really like to track this down and get rid of it. (Using "Send Feedback" instead of attaching your file directly to an email will strip out task names and such to protect confidential data.) Thanks!

Just done it lizard.

I have a simple OOPro task list with dates that I have imported with dates over the next week. I have sent you what I get out.

Thanks

Simon