The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due Today Perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to set a perspective that only shows today's due items? I've attached a screenshot of my current settings. Is there something to tweak to get this view? I've got it showing all my due items and I'd like to be able to sync it to my iPhone so on there I can see just due today in one view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-02-23_08-07-07-OF.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1806  

You'll want to use the Data pane of preferences to change the "Due Soon is in the next" setting to "24 hours", but then I think you're all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
You'll want to use the Data pane of preferences to change the "Due Soon is in the next" setting to "24 hours", but then I think you're all set.
It is set that way already on the desktop version of OF. I do have some overdue items, is that causing the problem with the view? If they are gone (aka: finished), maybe it will only show the view as I'm expecting it?

Thanks

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your request - OmniFocus includes things that are overdue in the "Due Soon" window. Once those overdue things get checked off, you'll see only the orange "Due Soon" items.

I think my issue boils down to my use (mis-use, treated as a glorified To-Do list) of OF. I used it as a "brain dump" a while back, set arbitrary due dates, never followed up, and got away from using OF as it's intended.

I've spent the past few day cleaning up my Projects, removing items that aren't relevant anymore, moved due dates to realistic dates in the future and now my Due Today shows only what's "Due Today". This will (and has already) really boost my productivity!

Thanks

Hi

I was always perplexed by this: due soon, or due in the next 24 hours seemed to show items due the next day, particularly if I was accessing my 'Due' perspective in the afternoon or evening. This is because 'the next 24 hours' is a moving window that progresses forwards all the time (so due in the next 24 hours at 4pm will include all items that fall due until 4pm tomorrow (or at least that's the way I think it works). The simple way I got around this, and I haven't had any problems since, is:

1. Make sure "Due Soon' is in fact set to 'In the next 24 hours'

2. In preferences, open the Data window, and set the default time for all due dates to 11.59pm.

Since I did this I find I don't get flooded with tomorrows tasks, and all tasks that appear in the Due perspective are always only todays, and I've never missed a task.

I'm open to comment and correction, but this hasn't failed me for the last 12 months.

Cheers

Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwake View Post

2. In preferences, open the Data window, and set the default time for all due dates to 11.59pm.
My only issue with this is that when my iPhone is on my nightstand, I don't want a bunch of OF iPhone alarms going off at 11:59pm.

So far, getting a better handle on my actual projects list (getting it cleaned up properly) has given me the results I'm hoping for.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

That does help, but still it would be handy to have a perspective option for only overdue items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loraxorg View Post
That does help, but still it would be handy to have a perspective option for only overdue items.
It's pretty trivial to group by due dates though. That way everything that is OVERDUE will be grouped at the top of the view.

If you have so many overdue items that you need an explicit perspective to continually show all of them, I might suggest making more use of start dates than due dates.