The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Small Caps—How to create? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using OmniGraffle to create a business card. I need small caps in a font. How do I do this?

I don't think there's a built-in method for doing it. You can write a string of text in caps, then select portions of the string and use Format->Font->Smaller to make a slightly smaller version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-05-15 at 6.50.52 PM.png
Views:	518
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	2394  

Isn't it shocking that a diagramming tool doesn't support small caps?! Fortunately, you're only making a business card, not a reprint of Martin Luther's Ninety-Five Theses.

I took the words in this post, pasted them individually into OmniGraffle, and applied that same transformation to all of them. It took me about two minutes. If this is the biggest problem you're encountering, you're doing pretty well.

A search of the combined Omni forums only turns up one other request for small caps support, for OmniOutliner. Remember to breathe occasionally while waiting, it'll be a while!

Any OmniApp supports small caps as long as the font itself provides them (requires an opentype font ... example free ones with good support include Cardo and Gentium). Then follow the procedure described at the end of this link.