The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hide a project (Someday) from the context view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
1. I have a project named "Someday". I want to only see it in the project view. I don't want the project nor any of the tasks to show up under context view. What would be the best way to accomplish this? I assumed if I made it an "on hold" project it might solve the issue, but it does not.

2. I would like to know if there is a way to do the same for specific subprojects? That is, have the tasks for the subproject not show up on the context view.

Thank You

You can go to a context perspective in OF.

If you do not see the view bar, select menu View > Show View Bar (command-shift-V).

You probably have Availability filter set to Any status or Remaining. Change it to Available. An on hold project will not have any available actions and will be hidden when the availability filter is set to Available.

Save the perspective or create a new perspective via the Perspective menu.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed.

Last edited by David_Haddad; 2013-04-26 at 09:07 PM..

This is driving me crazy :). I've even opened Inspector and jumped from the black projects which don't disappear to the gray projects which do disappear and other than the dates they were added or last changed, every other attribute is identical.

I have a similar problem: When in the context perspective, I would like to only see next actions (not projects). I've read the manual, FAQ and searched the forum to no avail.

Settings are set to:
Context Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Context
Sorting: Project
Availability Filter: Available
Status Filter: Any Status

I would also like to hide 'Projects' that appear as 'Actions' within the context menu.