The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Status bar/toolbar control request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When new browser windows are created, typically as a popup or me selecting a link to open in a new window, the status bar often disappears. Similarly, the toolbars are also sometimes hidden. I would really like to be able to prevent this from happening.

I would envision this being done in a fashion similar to the existing options for disabling the reordering and resizing of windows.

I'll add your vote to our request database, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
I'll add your vote to our request database, thanks!
This request database must be frelling HUGE by now eh? What's going on anyways, is this list gona keep stackin up while you guys keep laughing at us or someone over at OG actually doing something about updating this browser?

I mean, i've been painfully waiting for a simple fix on the cursor jumping to the end of the text fields every single time i hit space or the left arrow. It's emotionally upsetting :-(

Hi Drayon,

We're doing what we can, our request list IS huge, I wont lie :)

There's no laughing, it's a painful wait for me as well while we try and allocate some engineering time to OmniWeb. Unfortunately we just don't have the resources for it right now. We are trying to change that though.

I'd be thrilled to see new features in OW, but I'd be happy to see maintenance releases. Something that demonstrates that this browser is still alive.

I appreciate troyb's responses to forum users' questions and concerns. The "we-just-don't-have-the-resources-for-it-right-now" response, however, has become tiresome, especially as an OW user I watch as OG continues to roll out updates to and new releases of its other products.

It's a shame to let/see this fine browser languish. Sigh...