The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniGroup sync server and Silverlight Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to access my data thru Silverlight to the https://sync.omnigroup.com servers and not getting very far. I fairly certain the issue is that the sync server doesn't have a clientaccesspolicy.xml file. Could one be placed there? Thanks.

From what I'm reading on the subject, enabling cross-domain scripting could have security implications.

I'm checking in with some folks here and will post again here if my read of the situation is incorrect. If there are security risks, though, my personal lean is that something like this would be better done on a private WebDAV server.

Hmm, this may become a moot point as I can't get Silverlight to issue the right HTTP methods on a locally hosted server. More specifically, PROPFIND.

I was hoping to enable Silverlight to be able to access any WebDAV server so I could do syncing, but it appears I'll either have to host the data myself or create a pass-thru service.