The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Big Cleanup problem -new user need help Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I just started using omnifocus a couple weeks ago - was in the process of loading all the projects and tasks. I hit the cleanup like I thought the guidance had suggested - only to find that the clean up "cleaned up" all of my projects except the one I was in, all of the tasks, and anything that wasn't in the inbox - needless to say this is a little disconcerning.

Can anyone suggest how I can get my information back. I do have a recent synch with my ipod touch but shut synching off to make sure I didn't lose anything else.

Also,can anyone tell me what I did wrong that would cause this to occur.
thanks,

Clean up doesn't do anything destructive to your data. Your data should still all be there. Clean up files actions from the Inbox which have had project and context set, and hides actions which have been completed if the current view settings don't specify showing completed actions.

Bring up the All Items perspective from the Perspectives window and you should see all of your data. It's likely that you just changed the view settings so that you weren't displaying most of the data. Much of OmniFocus' power is in its ability to hide things from you, but when you are first starting out, it's easy to accidentally unleash that power when you don't intend it!

Sorry for the confusion! Hitting the Clean Up button will hide actions from view if they don't match your current View menu settings, but it doesn't delete anything. If you select "All Items" under the Perspectives menu, do the items re-appear?