The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Locations with Business Hours, please! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I have a shop where I get my espresso beans and I set it up as a location context in OF. If I need beans, I write an action and everything works OK, but:

I commute with my bike and pass this shop early in the morning (when it's still closed) and late in the evening (when it's already closed).

Every day I get 2 reminders about buying new espresso beans when I can do nothing about it.

So if I could add time constraints to that location it would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Franz-Josef

Agreed, hours on contexts would be very useful and is something I've wanted since OmniFocus 1 was in beta. Even without location alerts, I'd find it useful to separate my weekday contexts from my weekend contexts!

If this is something you'd like to see, please send email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com with some details about how you'd use it (like you've done in this thread). I doubt we'd want to delay 2.0 for this, but we could certainly consider it for a 2.x update.

Hi Ken,

now that there are some 2.x updates out now, how about considering "hours" for the next one?

This would also sweeten the idle time until OF2/Mac is out :-).

All the best,
Franz-Josef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Agreed, hours on contexts would be very useful and is something I've wanted since OmniFocus 1 was in beta. Even without location alerts, I'd find it useful to separate my weekday contexts from my weekend contexts!

If this is something you'd like to see, please send email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com with some details about how you'd use it (like you've done in this thread). I doubt we'd want to delay 2.0 for this, but we could certainly consider it for a 2.x update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenusZeitblom View Post
now that there are some 2.x updates out now, how about considering "hours" for the next one?
Oh, sorry, I should have been more specific! I meant that we wouldn't want to delay OmniFocus 2.0 for Mac by changing this now. (Nor 2.0 for iPad, for that matter.) Once we've shipped 2.0 on all three platforms, we'll be ready to start making changes like this which affect the file format.

Not what I wanted to hear but quite understandable.

Thanks for the clarification!

Add my vote for a quick OF2/Mac :-)

I just sent my suggestions in per Ken's suggestion. I have to say, that is the one thing I miss about Life Balance. They had the best implementation of context hours I've seen anywhere. OmniFocus has surpassed them in every other aspect, but I do miss that.