The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Task Count by Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would find it useful while reviewing projects if the number of active tasks were listed with the project name in the sidebar. This would be handy for an "at a glance" reference of one's work.

Unless you have a lot of parallel projects, wouldn't it always display "1" (or maybe "0" if the project was stalled, but then that can be revealed with the stalled view bar filter)? Or perhaps you mean "remaining" tasks rather than active/available?

Another conflict is what to do with the "due soon" and "overdue" badges currently displayed for projects in the sidebar? Wouldn't they obscure the action count for each project?

I guess you could do a split badge like Things uses, but I never really liked that look. It always seemed cluttered and inelegant to me. But maybe that's more a matter of personal taste.

-Dennis

The task would probably show one because there is only one "next action". Possibly in "Remaining" filter, it would show the number of remaining tasks. In any case, it would probably be too confusing because you're never sure if you're looking at the remaining task items count or number of next actions in a folder.

Yeah, I run almost all of my projects with parallel tasks (I know....Heretic!)*and so for me it would be a total task count per project not simply next actions. I can see where this would not be useful and possibly confusing for many. Thanks.

If you only use this when reviewing, would a script that generated a file showing project name and count of available actions suffice?