The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PDF: View in Preview.app? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
You can actually do this now by enabling a hidden preference. Quit OmniWeb and open a Terminal window, then enter this command:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 WebKitOmitPDFSupport -bool YES

After doing so OmniWeb should download PDF documents, no displaying.
Sweet! Thanks. :)

And I too would love a list of other hidden preferences. So far, the ones I know about are the PDF support remover and the WebKit Inspector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder
Excuse me TroyB... I've been seeing several different options for hidden commands. Would it be possible to get a list of them (well the ones OG wants to release) and say post them somewhere? Thanks
Actually, you can go here:

http://www.omnigroup.com/Documentati...sList-5.0.html

This contains the majority of the defaults available in OmniWeb. It isn't updated for OmniWeb 5.5 yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan.breeding
What about the original request of getting the "Open in Preview.app" menu item from Safari while viewing a PDF/PS file in the browser? I really did like this feature in Safari and it would be nice to have in OmniWeb. Any chance of it getting added?
We probably wont be able to add this for OmniWeb 5.5 unfortunately, we will consider it in the future though. If you want, send us a feature request for this and we'll make sure we add your vote for this feature in our database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
If you double-click on it in the Downloads window, it will automatically open in the default app you have set in the OS. You can also drag and drop it onto a dock icon if you want it to open in a different app.
Thanks, another feature discovered. It's necessary to double-click the .pdf's icon, not the file name, in the DL window, true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
We probably wont be able to add this for OmniWeb 5.5 unfortunately, we will consider it in the future though. If you want, send us a feature request for this and we'll make sure we add your vote for this feature in our database.
In the meantime, the SchubertIT PDFplugin provides the option already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
In the meantime, the SchubertIT PDFplugin provides the option already
1 click on this does the same :)
Attached Images