The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

10.5.2 freezes - OmniGraffle connection? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
My MacBook Pro running 10.5.2 is freezing periodically - spinning colour wheel and no response to the keyboard or mouse clicks, although the mouse will move the cursor on screen. Only solution I've found is to reboot. Looks like it might be a graphics glitch, and I suspect an OS/graphics driver bug - system log repeatedly reports:

kernel[0]: NVChannel(GL): Graphics channel exception! status = 0xffff info32 = 0x3 = Fifo: Unknown Method Error
kernel[0]: 0000000b
kernel[0]: NVChannel(GL): Graphics channel timeout!

around the time of the freeze. This has only happened when connected to an external monitor.

In each case when this has happened, I've been running OmniGraffle (Pro 5) - certainly not enough evidence to suggest a causal relationship, but the two freezes today occurred (1) right after launching OG, and (2) while editing in OG. That said, there are plenty of other apps that were also running on both occasions.

I wonder, has anyone else had this problem with 10.5.2, with or without OmniGraffle running?

Thanks,

Chris