The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sub-Projects-Repeating Actions: View mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Not Sure how to set this up or if I have it set up properly

I have a main Project, with a sub-project that repeats on a 4 week basis. Each sub-project has 3-4 actions that need to be done sequentially.

But I want to be able to see "remaining" or "next actions" and only get the actions of the sub project in my view mode. Currently it's all or nothing...

Example photos attached

Remaining item with future start date: Shouldn't this be hidden?
http://idisk.me.com/sprocketjockey/P...419-142005.jpg

Swap to Available or Next Action and all tasks are gone?
http://idisk.me.com/sprocketjockey/P...419-142057.jpg

Tried to solve by dating the sub-project, but if I check off an action, it just resets the start date and the action remains
http://idisk.me.com/sprocketjockey/P...419-142342.jpg

Perhaps someone has a similar issue or workaround to resolve??

Sorry for the confusion, Sprocketjocky - if you set the Availability filter to "Available", then the grey items will be hidden, but they're intended to be visible when that filter is set to "Remaining".

In the second screenshot, the items are hidden because "Calendar" is a sequential task group, and the first item has a future start date. The due soon items won't become available until step 1 is checked off.

Third screenshot: looks like the Calendar group *and* the actions it contains are all set to repeating. (Note the arrows chasing each other on the right; that means the item repeats.) Based on your description, it sounds like you want the group to repeat, but not the items in the group.

It kinda sounds like you're trying to make Project mode behave like Context mode - if you switch to Context mode, you may have an easier time of getting your actions to display the way you're looking for.

(Based on the due dates, are the Call/Update/Email actions in the intended order? Generally, initial steps come at the top of a project, and the later ones at the bottom. Since you can't call the person until 5/17, it sorta looks like that should be the last step, not the first.)

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Brian; 2011-04-19 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: had duplicate "hope this helps!"; also added 2nd/last paragraph.

Thanks for the help Brian-
The Call/Update/Email are in order and the project needs to repeat every 4 weeks.

I think I figured out what I need to do, I need to just repeat the Sub-project and not the individual tasks. Otherwise they pop-up as repeat and won't let me move onto the next action.

Appreciate the response