The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Importing OPML (Outline Processor Markup Language) files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok, the next things that I would check:
  1. That the version of the .osax the right one for your version of the operating system.
  2. The provenance of the opml files (there may be something about their content that the script is choking on).

Finally, you could try this version (attached as zip), and see where the error occurs.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-07-05 at 07:46 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Ok, the next things that I would check:

That the version of the .osax the right one for your version of the operating system.
It's 2.9.4 for OS X 10.6.
Quote:
The provenance of the opml files (there may be something about their content that the script is choking on).
Well, if I had this knowledge I would write scripts on my own... May I send you a sample?

Quote:
Finally, you could try this version (attached as zip), and see where the error occurs.
Output: application id "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus" of «script» kann nicht gelesen werden. (canot be read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilajn View Post
Output: application id "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus" of «script» kann nicht gelesen werden. (canot be read)
I assume that you do have OmniFocus open and running when you run the script ?

(You can upload a zipped .opml sample to this thread if you like)

Quote:
I assume that you do have OmniFocus open and running when you run the script ?

Yes, OmniFocus is open and running while using either the droplet or the testscript.

Sample follows later on, I'm busy at the moment.

Quote:

Here is the sample:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Example English.opml.zip (1.5 KB, 421 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilajn View Post
Here is the sample:
Trying to open this file as OPML with OmniOutliner3 trips the error message:
The document "Example English.opml" does not appear to be a valid OPML (Outline Processor Markup Language) file. Please check its contents. If you believe this file to be valid, please file a bug.
You may need to initiate a conversation between the authors of Projekt (which appears to have generated this file) and the engineers at Omni - some divergence here in what constitutes OPML, I think ...

PS

There seem to be characters in the linkId0 attributes which are not XML-compliant.

If Projekt can be adjusted to write these out correctly, you should be fine. Until then, you would have to hand-edit the raw text to remove the link ids (e.g. in your sample, from the Meetings, To-Dos and Memos lines ...)

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-02-23 at 01:51 AM..

PPS

You should be able to strip out the illegal character sequences (assuming that they are only in LinkId attributes) by running the file through a search and replace shell command before sending it to any kind of XML processor, whether the XMLTools.osax, OmniOutliner, or any other tool which expects compliant XML.

e.g. in a Terminal.app window something like:

Code:
sed 's/linkId0="[^"]*"//g' ~/Desktop/Example\ English.opml > ~/Desktop/mended.opml
osascript ~/Desktop/OPML2OF.app ~/Desktop/mended.opml
(Replacing the reference to your desktop with the paths of the folders containing the script and OPML file(s))

(Note that calling the script on the command line with an argument, using osascript, only works with version updated today).

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 08:00 PM..

I have also updated OPML2OF to improve handling of OPML nodes which do not have the _Note attribute used by Omni products.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 08:00 PM..

Quote:
I have also updated OPML2OF ...
Hi, I can't unzip this file. "Fehler 1 - der Vorgang ist nicht zugelassen." which means something like: Error 1 - this action is not allowed.

I'm in contact with the developer of Project. He wrote:

Quote:
I see the problem. The LinkIds are internal adresses for the agenda entries. These adresses are produced by your phone (for entries created from within the calendar application) or by Projekt (for entries created from whithin Projekt). I had never seen entries formed like the ones I can see on your screenshot. What is the model of your phone ?
Envoyer